I. Mission of the Department:
Ensure the success of WWF’s global conservation goals by communicating the organisation’s work, profile and values to the widest possible range of media and audiences by creating and leveraging its photo and video databases.
II. Major Functions:
Responsible for the day-to-day digitization and online Quality Control of the digital imagery on Global Photo Network (GPN) and Global Video Network (GVN), WWF’s online photo/video search and download service on the intranet, thereby ensuring consistency and compliance to WWF’s Global Standards.
Also for providing support and help desk for the WWF Network with regard to digital image management on the GPN/GVN as well as to Quality Control and workflow implementation in the local offices.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the ongoing digitization process (scanning/conversions, captioning and key wording of photos and videos);
• Assists in monitoring the quality of the information in the Databases and ensures that it is kept complete, up to date, and accurate;
• Assists in the dissemination of information about the status of the databases, modifications, tips, incentives to update images description etc. throughout the WWF Network;
• In conjunction with the Manager, develops and implements a Quality Control (QC) strategy for the GPN/GVN, in co-ordination with the GPN/GVN Manager, the Managing Photo and Video Editors, and the Information Management Specialist;
• Ensures that the minimum quality standards (visual, technical, legal, metadata) are kept up-to-date with regard to technical industry standards, legal requirements, and WWF’s visual brand identity;
• Monitors user feedback and provides support for local GPN/GVN administrators in WWF Network offices, including a Help Desk;
• Provides and maintains user guidelines and manuals for GPN/GVN related activities as well as “best practices” information in electronic form on WWF’s intranet;
• Assists local GPN/GVN administrators in the development and implementation of an appropriate digital image management workflow and of an internal QC process;
• Assists in the development and maintenance of WWF’s Global Classification System with regard to GPN/GVN needs;
• Compiles, analyses and publishes statistical data about the GPN/GVN use on a regular basis.
• Responsible for implementing rights and metadata standards for WWF’s Photo & Video content in the Global Photo + Video Network platforms.
• Respond to internal and external rights requests for usage of WWF photo and video content according to WWF rights standards in a timely fashion.
• Assist the Manager, Global Images Network in handling other general requests and correspondence with contributing photographers and videographers.
• Maintain and update resources on the WWF Global Photo and Video Network online Collaboration spaces.• Assist the team in sharing resources and best practice for photo and video around the WWF Network of offices. And assist the team in frontline support for photo and video.
• File management and gate-keeping of the photographer contracts.
• Certified professional training or equivalent working experience of at least 2-3 years in one or more of the following fields: digital photo processing or desktop publishing; digital colour printing; photo/video library or photo agency (with online experience); photo/video editing or picture research;
• Hands on experience in digital content processing and management;
• In-depth experience in digital imagery and on-screen photo evaluation;
• Experience in quality control processes;
• In depth experience in copyright clearances.
• Minimum 3 years working in a commercial picture/video licensing agency – in particular with rights clearance and metadata/image classification experience.
• Experience with online search tools and/or structured keyword systems desirable;
• Experience in nature conservation and/or environment protection desirable;
Required Skills and Competencies
• Excellent visual/photographic eye;
• Excellent computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant computer software and hardware, especially Adobe Photoshop and MS Office;
• Analytic and structured mindset, thorough yet pragmatic, organized with the ability to work in an independent manner; fast and ‘stress-proof’;
• Ability to manage data and information via web-based services;
• Ability to prepare and analyse statistical data and to present results concise and comprehensively;
• Superior communication and service-oriented interpersonal skills, especially with regard to providing support and training to multi-cultural Network staff;
• Excellent team player;
• Adept at using online resources for ongoing-education and technical support;
• Excellent written and oral communication in English, other languages an asset;
• Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined, and Engaging.
V. Working Relationships:
Internal – GPN/GVN Manager, Managing Photo and Video Editors, WWF International’s Editorial team, local GPN/GVN Administrators at Network offices, WWF Network staff.
External – If needed, photographers and other external content providers.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated pro-actively from staff.
Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Singapore
Interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter and their expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org