‘ONLY IN CLOSER: KATE AND WILLIAM, THEIR VERY HOT HOLIDAY IN PROVENCE’
Closer magazine in France have published topless photos of the the Duchess of Cambridge – here
that site is being hammered so you may have trouble visiting….and it now appears they have removed the mag cover photo (above) from the site…
Updated 16 Sept:
• The Irish Daily Star has published the images, their website is currently offline – Here
Updated 15 Sept:
• Italian Celeb Mag To Publish Topless Duchess Of Cambridge Photos – Here
• The Daily Mail have run a report and photo of where they think the Photographer may have been to get the shot – ‘X marks the spot: The long lens pictures taken of the topless Duchess were shot from the side of the road between trees around half a mile away from the chateau’- Here
• Editor of Closer: ‘No harm in publishing photos’
• Peter Hunt at the BBC reported in a tweet: Royal couple “furious” about publication of topless photos. Officials say a “red line” has been crossed – Royal correspondent @BBCPeterHunt
• Closer Magazine UK say:
Official statement on behalf of Closer magazine UK:
Closer magazine UK is published by Bauer Consumer Media. The French edition meanwhile is published under a licence by a totally different company, an Italian business called Mondadori.
Closer magazine UK would like to make it clear that the two publications make entirely independent editorial decisions. In this respect the comments made by the Editor of the French edition which have reported in the media today do not reflect the opinions of Closer magazine UK.
Closer magazine UK was not offered any pictures of this nature and certainly has no intention of publishing the photographs of the Duchess of Cambridge which have been published in France this morning. Closer magazine UK takes its obligations under the PCC Code extremely seriously and would never publish topless images of a member of the Royal family on its cover or otherwise.
• Closer UK website struggling to open.
• Full cover of the magazine now online at various locations.
• British newspapers were reported to have been offered the photos last week but turned them down.
Reaction to the publication is building fast worldwide… anyone know who the agency/photographer are? email@example.com