AP Images is a business within the Associated Press. It generates significant revenue within the AP through licensing AP’s photo content commercially. In addition to licensing content, AP Images has built a photo assignment service fulfilling global commercial and editorial photography for a wide ranging list of clients. This service provides end-to-end logistics, coordination and execution of photo assignments including the review of portfolios, photographer selection and scheduling of the assignment.
AP invites applications for the position of Assignment Coordinator based at its office in London.
The Assignment Coordinator will be responsible for providing photo assignment and related sales support coordinating commercial and editorial photo assignments globally. Duties will include assisting with photographer selection, the collection of assignment details, the creation of assignment briefs, assignment shoot co-ordination from end-to-end, and post-production activities insuring images are delivered to customers and moved on the commercial wire. Also provide sales support for the AP Images platform to include entitlements and setting up new users. The position is may require occasional shift and weekend work. Training will be provided for the new tasks to be undertaken.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Supporting the AP Images assignment customers in the end-to-end fulfillment of photo assignments.
• Collecting assignment details from clients and creating and organizing assignment briefs using SharePoint assignment tools and Salesforce CRM.
• Coordinating assignment shoot production from end-to-end to include assisting with the selection of photographers, confirming availability and liaising with photographer on logistics of photo assignments to ensure that shoot is on schedule and is executed according to assignment brief.
• Handling post-production and delivery of production to clients to including the distribution of content via AP Images website and push distribution.
• Supporting entitlement creation and reporting on www.apimages.com for AP sales and partner agents.
• Curating packages of content for collections on www.apimages.com
Scanning and retouching photo negatives and prints to AP standards when necessary.
Knowledge and Experience
• College degree, technical degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Visual literacy and previous experience in the Photography sector focused on corporate and editorial photo assignments.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively on an independent basis and in a team situation communicating ideas effectively.
• Excellent computer skills PC and Macintosh computer knowledge a must. Experience using Microsoft Office suite of software and Photoshop. SharePoint, Photo Mechanic and Sales Force would be an advantage but training will be provided.
• Practical experience with HTML and XML is a plus.
• Fluent in English with preferably some ability in another European language – German/French/Spanish preferably.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required with the ability to be relate well to clients as well as team members.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Previous experience working across wide geographical regions and understanding global geography.
Qualified applicants should send a CV and covering letter to Human Resources, at [email protected] or The Interchange, Oval Road, Camden, London NW1 7DZ.
All applicants must be able to work in the UK or be able to gain permission to work in the UK.
The closing date is 18th February 2014. If you have not heard from us by 4th March 2014 please consider your application unsuccessful.
No recruitment agencies please.