The Wellcome Library is one of the world’s major resources for the study of medical history. We also offer a growing collection of material relating to contemporary medicine and biomedical science in society.
Wellcome Images ( http://wellcomeimages.org) is one of the world’s leading online image libraries for the history of medicine and the biomedical and clinical sciences. Serving a range of users from publishers and broadcasters to academics, Wellcome Images provides picture research and licensing services for its contemporary images as well as making over 100,000 images from the Wellcome Library’s outstanding collections available free of charge for all.
We’re looking for a conscientious and enthusiastic individual to provide administrative support to help us meet our customer’s expectations.
This role will involve:
• providing general administrative support to the department;
• guiding internal and external clients on the use of our images and fee arrangements where appropriate;
• Processing requests and ensuring usage is in accordance with our terms;
• Supporting the organisation of the Wellcome Image Awards;
• Supporting the Biomedical and Clinical image acquisition processes;
• Cataloguing images;
• Administering the royalty processing procedure.
To be successful, you will need to have:
• experience of working with image libraries;
• excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• strong administration skills;
• IT literate, ideally with experience of using databases and other systems;
• good organisational skills, attention to detail and proven ability to work to deadlines;
• initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach to your work;
• able to work with sensitive medical images.
We offer a salary of c. £23,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits.
To apply, submit a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria for this post. For more information and to apply online,visit: wellcome.ac.uk/jobs
Application deadline: 5 September 2014
Interviews: 17 September 2014
The Wellcome Library is part of the Wellcome Trust, is a global charitable foundation dedicated to achieving extraordinary improvements in health by supporting the brightest minds in biomedical research and the medical humanities.