Department: Sport Picture Desk
Press Association Images brings together the world’s best daily news, sport, entertainment, archive and creative images available from one photo agency. We are seeking to recruit a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Sport Picture Desk Assistant within the Images department in Nottingham. You will be required to in conjunction with the Sport Picture Editor to oversee, direct and ensure the highest standards in the photographic output of the Press Association.
• Maintain a diary of forthcoming events and assign and brief photographers in a timely manner to ensure optimum use of staff resource.
• Transmit photographs on the PA Wire from staff/contributing photographers including content from our International partners
• React to breaking news, issuing any relevant file photos.
• Maintain effective communication channels with Howden Sports Desk.
• Communicating with photographers prior to and on receipt of images.
• Apply for accreditation to various sporting events.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a keen interest in photography who would enjoy seeing the results of their hard work appear in the media every day.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of image editing software including Adobe Photoshop and Photo Mechanic alongside the process of delivering images. In addition they will possess high attention to detail particularly in high pressure environments of live events. In addition they will have excellent current affairs knowledge across all genres of news & sport with the ability to spot a winning picture. The ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management is also essential.
• This roles involves evening and weekend shift work.
Please send applications to:
Scott Wilson Sports Picture Editor
Email: [email protected]