The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Its video business has bureaus in more than 80 countries, and distributes global news, sport, entertainment, technology and lifestyles content to broadcast, online and mobile platforms. Founded in 1846, AP today is the most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day, more than half the world’s population sees news from AP.
AP Images, a commercial division within the Associated Press, has many years’ experience of providing photography and other services to some of world’s largest and best-known organisations, corporations and brands.
AP Images works with both media and non-media clients to provide photography and video services, including production, distribution and publicity services, around the world. On behalf of its clients, AP coordinates crews, producers, photographers, videographers, and arranges distribution of content over global AP’s distribution network.
AP invites applications for the position of Business Development Manager within the AP Images department, based in London. This role will be offered on a fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave.
With responsibility for helping to grow AP Images business among existing and new clients outside of the Americas, this position is based in London reporting to the AP Images Director of International Business Development.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for account managing existing AP Images clients, growing business and developing new business leads through customer sales calls, crafting and delivering customer presentations / proposals.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Proven sales or product marketing experience.
• Proven image or video industry experience – in editorial, creative stock or assignment photography or video business.
• Experience in managing sales goals and targets, as well as have demonstrated the ability to thrive in a sales oriented environment.
• Strong analytical skills are required and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong and well-rounded writing and presentation skills.
• Superior leadership qualities. The ideal candidate will be highly innovative, self-motivated and resourceful. Specifically, the ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for the job and a proven track record of sales successes, marketing savvy and business acumen.
• Deep knowledge of Internet technologies and e-commerce. AP Images makes use of digital or electronic delivery technologies. While the individual does not need to have a technical background, he/she needs to know these technologies to sell and discuss in a sales or marketing setting and with customers.
• Superior written and oral communications skills.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentational programs.
• The ability to collaborate with a diverse range of internal teams is essential.
• Fluency in another major European language would be advantageous.
Qualified applicants should send a CV and covering letter to Human Resources, at [email protected] or The Interchange, Oval Road, Camden, London NW1 7DZ.
All applicants must be able to work in the UK or be able to gain permission to work in the UK.
The closing date is 17th April 2014. If you have not heard from us by 1st May 2014 please consider your application unsuccessful.
No recruitment agencies please.